Thursday, July 1, 2010

Trying a daybook again...

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I find such peace by reading others and find myself constantly thinking of wonderful posts, then time gets away and another day goes by, so I am going to try to do just this each Thursday and see how things go.

My Simple Woman's Daybook:

Outside my window:  It is raining, but not too hard.  It's amazing how a hurricane can make the humidity go away and the breeze actually brings relief to the heat.

I am thinking: about how wonderful prayers can be when we storm Heaven and beg for His never ending mercy.  Pray for Alec and his parents.

I am thankful for:  an amazing husband, beautiful children and wonderful friends.

From the learning room:  This is under construction for now...many plans and ideas are needed to motivate those who struggle.

From the kitchen:  I smell amazing beer bread just coming out of the oven.  Prepared and baked by an amazing 10 year old who never ceases to amaze me!

I am wearing:  a new purple workout shirt and new black workout shorts that I still haven't changed out of since walking early this morning.  Better go freshen up before hubby gets home!

I am creating:  guides for our home.  I prefer to call them guides rather than charts, because I think they might go over better this way.  This is all part of my simplifying summer to be able to form new habits before we begin schooling again. Prayers would be appreciated.  Especially for me...the inconsistent one.

I am going:  funny thing, the last time I wrote a daybook I was going on a retreat, now I am preparing to host that retreat in a few weeks.  So many blessings from this beautiful event.

I am reading:  I am finishing up Simplicity Parenting and it has changed my life.
  
I am pondering:  "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring glad tiding to the poor."  Luke 4:18

I am hoping:  for everyone to wake up one day and actually feel the love Christ is sending their way.

I am hearing:  the t.v. which hasn't been turned on much this summer, until this week.  Hopefully I'm  not starting a trend.

Around the house:  laundry is going, dishes are clean, floors need some tidying, but that is an everyday occurrence with a shedding dog.  

One of my favorite things:  spending time serving others.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Hurricane Alex changed our plans, for now I wait to see what the weekend brings...

A picture thought I'm sharing:



I hope you all have a blessed Fourth of July celebration.  Our Lady of Hope, pray for us.

1 comment:

Suzi said...

Here's to a more simplified summer life....let's hope we can both succeed!! Love the picture--that needs to be in a magazine.