Monday, July 12, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook

So after being gone all weekend, I'm writing on Monday.

My Simple Woman's Daybook:

Outside my window:  The sun is shining, which means it is VERY hot and humid!!  May be a day for swimming...

I am thinking: about how much fun I had with my family this weekend.  Happy Birthday sweet Alli!!

I am thankful for:  an amazing husband, beautiful children and a wonderful mom who always knows just what to say.

From the learning room:  This is under construction for now...many plans and ideas are needed to motivate those who struggle.

From the kitchen:  Today it's pancakes.  I LOVE having a child who LOVES to cook.  If only she'd love to clean the dishes when she finishes. 

I am wearing:  a new purple workout shirt and new black workout shorts that I still haven't changed out of since walking early this morning.

I am creating:  a beautiful retreat for our parish women happening this weekend.  I have been honored to be chosen as spiritual director and I pray that I can let Him use me as a tool however He needs...

I am going:  a little crazy trying to finish up the logistics of the retreat.


I am reading:  I am finishing up Simplicity Parenting and it has changed my life.
  
I am pondering:  How wonderful it is that God uses so many to spread messages and love.  How special certain people are and how we should always tell them, no matter what we are afraid of.

I am hoping:  for a wonderful retreat and for all those called that they are able to attend. 

I am hearing:  Taylor Swift in the background and children working together on something...not quite sure what.  I love to hear them work things out instead of "MOM, she won't do what i tell her to!"

Around the house: We are trying to continue laying the tracks and forming the habits so that we are able to focus on life instead of only on housekeeping. 

One of my favorite things:  my home

A few plans for the rest of the week:  This week life is all about the retreat this weekend, with a few doctor visits thrown in.  Pray that I can handle whatever is thrown my way, thanks!

A picture thought I'm sharing:

 Snuggles from Dad are the BEST!!!  


St. Therese of the Little Flower, pray for us!

No comments: