Friday, October 17, 2008

The Coolest Thing...

Today one of the coolest things happened. My son who is 81/2 months old did not want to come to me and let his daddy leave. It wasn't as if he was just playing around. He actually had such a grip that I had to pry away his fingers from his father's shirt. Now, go back about a year and a half ago. When we found out that we were going to have another child, my husband being the wonderful provider that he is, was a little concerned as to how we were going to be able to "do it." (to say the least) We have three daughters and when we are pregnant, we never find out what sex our baby is. So needless to say we always have as many hospital staff in the room as possible because everyone is as excited as we are to find out the surprise. I have to say that with this birth you could hear the cheering down the halls I'm sure because out popped a beautiful bouncing baby boy! All the months of my husband's doubts seemed to just melt away at the sight of this incredible gift. Now back to today. The fact that my son would not let go and kept screaming when my husband was trying to give him back to me has made my husband the happiest dad on earth!!! I couldn't have been happier with the fact that this little creature has so much love for his father and his father has so much happiness from that. Imagine when we stop to show God our love for him and fight not to let go, how happy that makes Him. Things are always getting in the way of our grip on our Father, don't let go. It took my husband all that he had to give up this moment so he could go coach soccer. What an incredible gift our family received today with just this one instant.

No comments: