Thursday, May 10, 2012

I will wake the dawn...

"My heart is steadfast, O God; my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and chant praise.
Awake, O my soul' awake, lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn.
I will give thanks to you among the peoples, O Lord, 
I will chant your praise amount the nations, 
For your kindness towers to the heavens,
 and your faithfulness to the skies. 
 Be exalted above the heavens, O God; 
above all the earth be your glory!"   PS 57:8-12



Every morning I wake early to say my prayers, read the Bible and read other books that are encouraging me to grow closer to Christ.  This has been working well until recently.  Love has decided that he also needs to wake early.  He also is ready to begin his day and does not like to wait.  So I find myself torn.  I so want and need this special time in my day and yet, now I find that I have to stop and actually live my vocation.  It's definitely a gift (or rose) that I have the opportunity to work on the virtue of patience.  I can always use the practice.  

Morning is my favorite time of day.  It always has been.  I am a morning person.  I find that if able, I could get a day's worth of work done by 11:00 AM.  Thank you God for my precious mornings.  Without them I definitely lose my focus.

Whenever we rent a house at the beach, I always wake early and grab my camera and catch the sunset.  This time I didn't have my Nikon, so I grabbed my iPhone.  

No comments: